> On 21 Sep 2016, at 19:14, Rafael Costa via swift-users
> <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hello fellow Swift users,
>
> I’m encountering some problems and I wish to know if anyone here has ever
> come across something similar.
>
> In essence, I want to cross-compile a Swift Project on macOS to run it on
> Linux. I’m using the following command to (try) to do so:
>
> swift build -c release --build-path ./.build/linux -Xswiftc -static-stdlib
> -Xswiftc -target -Xswiftc x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> The “target” parameter is passing to the “swiftc” program just fine. The
> problem is that it is overwritten by a “target” parameter added automatically
> by swift-build (that sets the target as the same arch/OS as the host machine)
>
> How can I prevent that? Is it possible to cross-compile for Linux on macOS?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rafael Costa
> raf...@rafaelcosta.me <mailto:raf...@rafaelcosta.me>

It is possible, but I don’t know if swift-build supports it. We don’t really
have much comprehensive support for cross-compiling right now.

To cross-compile, you need to set the target, sysroot and tools-directory (the
latter only required if compiling an executable, not for swiftmodules). You
might also need to set the resource-dir to the lib/swift folder where the
target’s standard library is.