Hello fellow Swift users,

I’m encountering some problems and I wish to know if anyone here has ever come
across something similar.

In essence, I want to cross-compile a Swift Project on macOS to run it on
Linux. I’m using the following command to (try) to do so:

swift build -c release --build-path ./.build/linux -Xswiftc -static-stdlib
-Xswiftc -target -Xswiftc x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

The “target” parameter is passing to the “swiftc” program just fine. The
problem is that it is overwritten by a “target” parameter added automatically
by swift-build (that sets the target as the same arch/OS as the host machine)

How can I prevent that? Is it possible to cross-compile for Linux on macOS?

Thanks in advance,
Rafael Costa
raf...@rafaelcosta.me