FWIW we've overridden URL's equality function in order to get a "more realistic"
result. We lowercase everything and compare the scheme, host, port, and query,
along with normalizing the path to handle cases where `/` exists in some paths
but doesn't in others. This solves this problem as well:

```
  1> import Foundation
  2> let a = URL(string: "apple.com")
a: URL? = "apple.com"
  3> let b = URL(string: "apple.com/")
b: URL? = "apple.com/"
  4> a == b
$R0: Bool = false
```

Note that if you do this, you have to define the `==` operator for URL in an
extension in the same module you plan to use it, otherwise you end up with some
unresolvable ambiguity.

--
Keith Smiley