let longString = "1234567890"
print(longString.suffix(2)) // prints "90"

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 30. Juni 2017 um 23:45:01, David Baraff via swift-users
(swift-users@swift.org) schrieb:

I know, I’ve read tons about about this. I sympathize. Unicode, it’s all very
complex.

But.

BUT.

Python:
shortID = longerDeviceID[-2:]   # give me the last two characters

Swift:
let shortID =
String(longerDeviceID.characters.dropFirst(longerDeviceID.characters.count - 2))

I can’t even read the above without my eyes glazing over. As has been pointed
out, an API which demands this much verbosity is crippling for many developers,
to say the least.

With Swift 4, am I correct that it will be at least:

let shortID = String(longerDeviceID.dropFirst(longerDeviceID.count - 2))