I believe it is equivalent - just a bit more clear to be explicit.
At least that is what I found with the deprecation one on the same line.

-phil.

On 10/19/2016 10:24 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 19.10.16 20:05, Phil Race wrote:
is it necessary to add "exports" to "-Xlint:"? I assumed that it
should be added somewhere else and disabled if necessary per module.

Alexander is just reversing the previous change and that is per module
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/rev/81435a812f59

It is tagged ton to the variable "java.desktop_ADD_JAVAC_FLAGS"

Those change add "-export" to the JAVAC_FLAGS which I assume disable this warning, but current fix is not remove but replace to "export", which I suppose should be included in the -Xlint:all which is set by default, no?
-    '-Xdoclint/package:java.*,javax.*' -Xlint:-deprecation,-exports
+    '-Xdoclint/package:java.*,javax.*' -Xlint:-deprecation,exports