+1

--Semyon

On 02/21/2018 10:04 PM, Jayathirth D V wrote:

Hi Semyon,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have moved file deletion logic to finally block.

Please find updated webrev for review:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8198004/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejdv/8198004/webrev.01/>

Thanks,

Jay

*From:*Semyon Sadetsky
*Sent:* Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:03 AM
*To:* Jayathirth D V; swing-dev@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* Re: <Swing Dev> [11] RFR JDK-8198004: javax/swing/JFileChooser/6868611/bug6868611.java throws error

Hi Jay,

Please delete files in finally block to avoid files stay undeleted in case of exception.

--Semyon

On 02/21/2018 03:09 AM, Jayathirth D V wrote:

    Hello All,

    Please review the following fix in JDK11 :

    Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8198004

    Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8198004/webrev.00/
    <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejdv/8198004/webrev.00/>

    _Issue:_ If we run
    javax/swing/JFileChooser/6868611/bug6868611.java it times out and
    throws jtreg error.

    _Root cause_ : In the test case we create 1000 files in default
    temporary directory and then call FileSystemView.getFiles() on
    default temporary directory. But if the same temporary directory
    has been used previously and if contains lot of unnecessary files
    FileSystemView.getFiles() will take lot of time. My machine temp
    folder had lot of files and after I delete major amount of files
    from temp directory and run the test again it passes without any
    timeout.

    _Solution:_ We should not use default temporary directory for
    creating 1000 files and call FileSystemView.getFiles() on same
    temp folder. Creating sub-folder under default temp directory and
    using it for test case resolves the issue.

    Thanks,

    Jay