On 07/03/2018 09:54, semyon.sadet...@oracle.com wrote:
On 3/7/18 8:53 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

Hi, Krishna.
The .02 version of the fix have changed the behavior of toDisplayString() method. Before the fix it throws NPE for key=null, after the fix it returns null.
That's ok.

That's not ok, since we change a behavior without discussion that the benefits of change outweigh the disadvantages, when we implemented some unrelated fix.

It is an improvement. NPE is not expected result according to the toDisplayString() method spec.

It also changed result of toDisplayString(), previously it did not returned null. I think .01 is better and simpler.

--
Best regards, Sergey.