Hi all,

as a long time user of Swing and as a person who maintains a very huge
( > 3M lines of code) Swing-based application I would like vote
against this change.

Could you please explain me which bug this change tries to solve? The
so called duplicate code is not a bug and lambdas are not the holy
grail. Just because lambdas exists it does not mean we should change
every piece of code to use it. Your change will introduce a
performance regression to every application that makes huge use of
JLists and fires many events.

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin