Hi tejpal,

Can you add a testcase to the fix? I guess one is there in the JBS itself.

Regards
Prasanta
On 24-Oct-19 10:31 AM, Tejpal Rebari wrote:
Hi All,
Please review the following fix for jdk14.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~trebari/swing/8190763/webrev0/

Issue : This issue is a regression of https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8030702. When UndoableEditEvent.getEdit() is casted to CompoundEdit, it throws class cast exception.

Fix :  In JDK-8030702 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8030702>  a new class DefaultDocumentEventUndoableWrapper was introduced. UndoableEditEvent.getEdit() returns an object of DefaultDocumentEventUndoableWrapper and when it is casted to CompoundEdit it throws class cast exception because
it doesn’t inherit CompoundEdit.
Before the fix of JDK-8030702 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8030702>  , UndoableEditEvent.getEdit()  used to return an object of DefaultDocumentEvent which inherits CompoundEdit so the class cast exception was not thrown. The solution is to make DefaultDocumentEventUndoableWrapper a subclass of DefaultDocumentEvent.

Testing : I have tested it on Mac, Windows and Ubuntu.

Regards
Tejpal