Hello Sergey,

<<So if the constructor [2] does not add an additional precision means that we
actually lost the precision. What will happen if the user will use a tiny
double parameters which is outside of your proposal? like 0.00000000000000001?

I said that constructor [1] adds extra unnecessary precision, but I did not say
that constructor [2] will remove the precision. It just keeps the precision to
same decimal places which we provide it. Following are few results of using
both constructors. So, the constructor [2] keeps the precision to same decimal
places we provided. It is not removing/decreasing any precision. After creation
of BigDecimal, we can do our calculations add/multiple and get the result using
BigDecimal.doubleValue(). fma is also doing these things only. Only difference
is they are creating BigDecimal using constructor[1].
I am not able to find any issue with this approach.

double a = .1
constructor [1]: 0.1000000000000000055511151231257827021181583404541015625
constructor [2]:  0.1

a = .0000001;
constructor [1]:
9.99999999999999954748111825886258685613938723690807819366455078125E-8
constructor [2]: 1.0E-7

a = .00000000000000001;
constructor [1]:
1.00000000000000007154242405462192450852805618492324772617063644020163337700068950653076171875E-17
constructor [2]: 1.0E-17

a = .0000000000000000000000001;
constructor [1]:
1.000000000000000038494869749191839081371989361591338301396127643500357819184021224145908490754663944244384765625E-25
constructor [2]: 1.0E-25

[1] new BigDecimal(double d)
[2] new BigDecimal(String s)

<<But it is possible to create Float.valueOf(float) and pass it to this
constructor, isn't it? this will work for any primitives.
<<[3]     public SpinnerNumberModel(Number value,
                                 Comparable<?> minimum,
                                 Comparable<?> maximum,
                                 Number stepSize)

Yes, it is true. If we create "Float" objects from primitive float and pass to
the constructor, things work fine. But what if the user is passing the
primitive float values directly? As the double constructor is there, it is
called instead of this constructor which accepts objects. This creates issue.
I don’t see this in spec that users should not use primitive float directly and
should first create "Float" object and then create SpinnerNumberModel. So they
will use primitive floats directly and run into these issues.
As I suggested earlier, either we should remove constructors with primitive
double or add constructor for primitive float.

Regards,
Pankaj Bansal