On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:37:20 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> Are we sure that all possible paths can be pointed by the file object?
>>
>> We specify that we return the icon for a file. If path can not be resolved
>> in the file object we can not return the icon for it.
>
> So the libraries are not supported? I doubt since JFileChooser should support
> them, and supports of it is one of the reasons why we use shell folder to
> iterate the folders and do not use the javaio.

No, libraries are not supported.

I see no contradiction here: `JFileChooser` uses Windows Shell API to enumerate
objects and navigate the shell namespace. But it does not return non-file
objects, does it?

The new method accepts `File` object which implies it's a file system object
rather than an arbitrary object in Windows Shell namespace which cannot be
represented in Java.