hi all.

i'm starting to design a system with a swing client and ejb/jboss on the backend.

with all the changes going on with ejb and evolution of other architectures
(jdo, soap, etc.), my head is in a whirlwind as to what to use.  for now,
i've decided to go with ejb/jboss since it currently the most appropriate
architecture for my system.

however, with drastic changes to ejb2 (from 1.1, and certainly more changes
to come) and a lot of talk about jdo and soap (which i only have basic
understanding), i'm concerned with how many changes will be needed to be
made to the client app if one changes to a different architecture in the
near future.  (uncertain of how ejb, jdo, and soap relate, how they will
all tie together, if at all...)

as such, i'm interested in how other developers are designing their
client-side (swing) apps to minimize the impact by changing server side
architectures or if the ejb spec changes in the future.

i've attached a rough uml diagram (as a .pdf file) with notes as to a
possible solution to help clients remain agnostic to the server-side
architecture.  my knowledge of jdo and soap is still very low, so i'd
appreciate any insights to these technologies, their future, and ejb's
future from the more experienced system architects.

hope the diagram is understandable and make sense.

if this is not appropriate for this mailing list, my sincere apologies.

i really just want to jump into developing my system using just ejb and
forget about trying to make the client serverArchitecture-agnostic (which
could be more of a pain), but constantly seeing articles about jdo and soap
arouses concern...

thanks.