Hi,

I want to implement displaying the Dir/File struture in tree.  The nodes
contains child nodes i.e subdirectories/files.  Only when the user
selects the nodes i will retrieve the subdir/files and i will add to the
selected node.  How could i do this, below i have explained my problem.

Could any one tell me how to implement this.

For example.

* dir1
    * subdir1
       file1-dir1
* dir2
    file2-dir2
*dir 3
    file3-dir3

This is when expanded mode.

* dir1
* dir2
* dir3

This is when collapsed mode

When adding the leaf to the parent nodes the * (here for display
purposes) will be painted indicating that the node contains leaf nodes
bcos it has child nodes and hence automatically the * appears in front
of the parent node.

For take the above example.
if there were no leaf nodes under the parent nodes the jtree would be
like this

dir1
dir2
dir3

But i would like to display

* dir1
* dir2
* dir3

initially like this and then later i would display the
files/directories  when the user selects the particular node.

This is normal display of tree. and there are subdirectories in dir1.
I will have only dir1,dir2,dir3

Advance thanks,
regards
ravi