Amit,

There is a tutorial on how to use internal frames on Sun's Java site:
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/internalframe.html>.
If that's not enough, search with google for "jinternalframe
tutorial".  I'm sure, you'll find something of help amidst the
results.  Personally, I think using a JDesktopPane is an overkill.  Since
you only have two panes to work with, here's what I'd do:

1. Create a panel with border layout
2. add a toolbar to north
3. add a status bar to south
4. add a JSplitPane to center

Dmitry

PS In the future, please try to refrain from crossposting your questions to
multiple mailing lists.  Besides, this is by no means an advanced question
as there is nothing here that you couldn't have found yourself, had you
invested a bit of your time in research.  Furthermore, don't send
attachments, or, otherwise, tons of code to the list.  If you want to
provide code samples, get a free website (a la yahoo), put your files there
and send us a url of where this stuff can be looked at/downloaded from.