Hello Friends,

We have developed a large application in Java 1.3. The application takes
a memory of around 40 MB to start. We have been looking at the various
ways to reduce the amount of memory usage. We found out that on
minimizing the application and again bringing it back to its normal
state.. it  reduces the memory by around 30 mb. Even after working on
the application the memory remains stable at 25 mb.

I wanted to know that whether it's a bug of Task Manager or whether in
this case the Java Application is using some swapping feature of  the
Operating System. Whatever it may be its proving out to be useful for
our application. Anyway having the same experiences or some other ways
to reduce memory consumption please help me out. I am working on Windows
2000. Please please help me out and suggest also some resources if
possible to reduce the memory consumption.

Thanking You In Anticipation

Regards

Vikram