    fastegal> "David M. Karr" schrieb:

    >> I've done some more experimentation on this.  I was able to go further on the
    >> idea of using a FocusListener because Kleopatra pointed out to me the new
    >> "setSurrendersFocusOnKeystroke()" method on "JTable".  Using this, I could
    >> ensure that the spinner actually gets focus and later loses it (actually, it's
    >> the internal text field, not the spinner).  Unfortunately, what I found was
    >> that just before the FocusListener is processed, the field has already been
    >> reverted to its old value.
    >>
    >> So, I found that the only practical solution is to set the internal text field
    >> to uneditable.  In other words, to not allow manual editing of the text field.

    fastegal> Hm, I could not reproduce your problem, implementing a very rudimentary
    fastegal> CellEditor with JSpinner. On a first test it it always relays the edited
    fastegal> value to the table if commitEdit in called in stopCellEditing. Before
    fastegal> going on I would like to know why that's not working in your case, so
    fastegal> why do you need the focusListener at all? Do you have a little testcase
    fastegal> demonstrating the problem?

I'll see if I can set that up.  Just to make sure we're talking about the same
thing, you are testing direct entry of a number into the field, correct?