Beat Rubischon schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> Am 28.07.05 schrieb Robert Depenbrock:
>

>>Was fuer hosts benutzt ihr um Latenzen innerhalb von der Schweiz zu messen?
>>Also welche Hosts sind pingbar in welchen verschiedenen Netzen?
>

> I just use my own hosts - my private boxes and my business
> servers. I would never use someone else's bandwith regularly to
> plot some graphs without the knowledge of the owner.

Hi Beat,

So every webcrawler on earth is making more traffic, than a lonely fping
(64bytes) every 5 minutes.

I think i will not hurt anyone who is hosting a large important website.

Smokeping uses around 600 Kilobytes of data per month(1.8MB max, if i would
measure 3 ping packets in a row), is nothing I have to worry about.

regards
 Robert Depenbrock