Hello,

our DNS servers serve quite a bit of ICMP traffic.
(I should really measure it, I estimate ~ 1MBit or more)
Pinging dns1.bluewin.ch [195.186.1.110] you see the latancy
to one of the bigger ISP's in Switzerland, which is
connected to one of the bigger Up-Stream Providers IP-Plus
[AS 3303].

However don't ping every second, once every five minutes
should be enough;-)

Regards,      Guido