> Hi all,
>
> The subject says it all: do you know which providers support TLS (the
> technology formerly known as SSL) for SMTP, POP and/or IMAP for their
> residential or small-office dialup/broadband customers?

TLS for SMTP makes no sence since this will only protect your message
enroute from your machine to SMTP server but after that it is all open
again.

POP3 and IMAP with TLS (AKA POP3s and IMAPs) are available from number of
providers such as Bluewin but not largely advertized.

Why? I think the main reason is because compared to POP and IMAP, it is
harder to set up this correctly within the MTA and can introduce many
additional problems and errors. Providers are afraid of extra support
calls. If user explicitly asks for this, then it can be assumed he knows
what it is all about and will be able to set it up correctly himself.

Regards

--
Kirill Ponazdyr
Technical Director