Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Raffael Marty
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Januar 2008 09:07
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [swinog] Log centralisation / mining

Splunk. Definitely Splunk ;)

If you have any questions or you want to talk more about your use-
cases, I am happy to have a chat with you.

On a serious note, I think you should try it. And it is free up to
500MB/day! That's quite a bit. After that it's fairly reasonably
priced! One other thing that you might want to take into consideration
is that other log management solutions don't cope with configuration
files or multi-line information very well, if at all. I could list you
a few very interesting use-cases around that: configuration management
comes to mind. Also have a look at my blog where I talk a bit about
the difference between IT Search (splunk) and the log management
tools: blogs.splunk.com/raffy.

Seisch, wenn'd irgendwelchi Frogae hesch!

   Raffy

--
   Raffael Marty
   Chief Security Strategist                           @ Splunk>