Michele Capobianco schrieb:
> Too bad that Splunk does not run on Windows :(
>
> We are a Windows Company and if i tell them that we want to run a Linux
> Server, our Management would kill me ;)

Then, don't expect a free (OSS) solution ;-)
I'd look into some of the UTM (Unified Threat Management) or
(specialized) IDS solutions.
I haven't tried it, but if I'd have a budget, I'd take a look at
Tenable's log-correlation products:
http://www.tenablesecurity.com/
They actually don't run on Windows, either, but they can analyze
Windows-logs.

See these links:
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/consoles.htm

BTW: I'd be interested to hear from people running one of those.

> Is there anything out in the Net for Log management witch is Windows Based?

I guess there is a system-management solution from MSFT, too.
Call your MSFT-sales rep ;-)

cheers,
Rainer