On 26 Feb 2009, at 08:50, Andreas Fink wrote:
> Sorry but "most windows PCs and home servers would need some tuning
> for v6" is just WRONG.
> If you have a proper configured IPv6 router and you plug a MacOS X
> or Linux box, they get IPv6 addresses automatically and are
> connected. This is part of the beauty of IPv6 to have
> autoconfiguration.

I agree with you, because I have a very good router at home, and Mac
OSX - and as you say it just works.  But

  - There seems to be no consensus about how to serve end user
addressing for ipv6
  - Because there is no clear standard, there are no "normal" consumer
CPE that support ipv6.

When both of these things happen, some clever people who understand
how people buy can invent a 'made for the new internet' sticker that
all of the CPE will want to carry on their packaging, and the CPE
problem will eventually go away.

...... In my opinion. :-)

Andy