Hi all,

> > SWINOG ISPA = the association, requires membership
> > SWINOG      = the community where everybody can join and comment
> >
> > ISPA = Internet Service Provider Association
> >
> > Similar in style to what the difference between RIPE/RIPE NCC is.

Indeed, RIPE is the Community and it's open to all humans in the Region to
discuss into the Working Groups and/or at the
meetings. RIPE-NCC is the legal and financial entity, with a regular balance
and budget. It is the real legal umbrella
for the Community. As ISOC is for IETF. We had the same problem in NRO
creation. We had to incorporate NRO into a legal
entity (in Uruguay) to allow protection and contract signing with ICANN and the
American DoC.
So, maybe, we need the same in Switzerland. We've a lot of discussion
associations, but not a real legal interface that
can protect us against dangerous laws and can seat at various tables to make
our voice heard.

Cheers/Manfredo

Si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il presente messaggio Le fosse
pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo ed a non
inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.

You are hereby informed that this message contains confidential informations
intended for the addressee's use only. If yu're not the addressee and have
received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us.
You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.