Hey Pim!

[IANAL] but what does the contract say? If its not in there, or if there's
no contract then I don't see what basis they have for raising any charges
and holding your property (which in most jurisdictions they cant do unless
you gave them an explicit right / lien in the contract).

I'd check with someone more familiar with Swiss law and process but it
sounds like threatening legal action and/or making a claim to a small items
court might be a way to go.

Good luck!
Steve

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Pim van Pelt <p...@ipng.nl> wrote:

> Hi NOG!
>
> An ISP that I have had a ~4y relationship with has recently terminated
> the hosting for a small number of servers (3x 1U machine and a switch
> and a console server). For a while they were not able to return my
> equipment to me, but now they have sent me a friendly letter asking me
> to pay a significant sum of money (to the tune of 4000 CHF) extraction
> fee, and that I must accompany two engineers on-site for about 16
> hours to safely remove the equipment. Is it common for swiss companies
> to terminate agreements and then send an invoice for returning the
> property?
>
> Feel free to drop me a note off-list.
> --
> Pim van Pelt <p...@ipng.nl>
> PBVP1-RIPE - http://www.ipng.nl/

Director / Founder
IX Reach Ltd
E: steve.wil...@ixreach.com
M: +44 7966 048633
35 Jackson Court, High Wycombe, UK. HP15 7TZ