: But I am concerned some people may build filters using
: only exact matches, so it seems safer to have route
: objects for more specifics.

:: I´d suggest to create each route object for each
:: announced prefix...IMHO you are very right - there are
:: for sure networks out there, which will filter your
:: prefixes, when you do not have a matching route object
:: entry ...

That seems painful when fast action is required.  Say
you have a /16 and someone is hijacking a /23 withing it.
Before mitigating damage by announcing the two /24s
you'd have to update the registry and wait for the
upstream to accept it?  Do you just preregister all the
/24, /23, /22, etc prefix combinations in advance?

scott