Andres wrote:
> Does anybody know, if Swiss Internetproviders do send DMARC Reports
> in theyr Email Service?

sunrise.net & libertyglobal.com (read: UPC/Cablecom) are reporting at least.

There are also a variety of other Swiss companies sending out reports.
(switch, unibas, unil, swiss-re)

AS15600 currently does not send out reports, but if people really would
want them, could look into enabling it.

On 2020-08-04 12:20, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
[..]
> I have not yet found easy tools to evaluate the reports. (any tips
> welcome).

For AS15600 we peek at the results gathered with:

https://github.com/domainaware/parsedmarc

Though it is a primarily to just peek, not to monitor, there are other
tools for that.

Be prepared to learn that:
 - Google receives most email (quelle surprise).
 - Google also sends mail for your domains
   (likely forwarding as the DKIM headers are intact)
 - there are a few persistent spamming hosts spamming towards Google,
   that never get cleaned up or blacklisted
   (but SPF/DKIM/DMARC causes the mail to not be accepted)
   Looking at boracaybeachhouses.com / 209.59.154.15
 - Spammers generate sometimes more mail than you, that nicely
   all get rejected (SPF/DKIM/DMARC)
 - Some obscure domain on your mailplatform is used as a source
   for spam, but SPF/DKIM/DMARC drops that :)
 - 70% DMARC Passage, 65% DKIM Alignment, 46% SPF Alignment

It is thus quite educational, as it shows that the SPF/DKIM/DMARC combo
is actually effective and avoids quite some backscatter when verified
during the SMTP-DATA phase.

Of course, there are side-effects, forwarding is horribly broken. But...

For the encrypted remailer that is trident.li, used in a variety of
places (one recently part of a flamewar on the RIPE lists ;), I've
solved that with a 'via' address:

When an incoming mail has a DKIM-Signature header, trident rewrites
From: to:

 From: "Jeroen Massar [jer...@massar.ch]" <jeroen=massar...@via.example.net>

This so that it is clear what the From is; noting that many MUAs store
emails automatically in the addressbook; thus using e.g.
l...@example.net in the From will just cause problems (see also Jira
notifications).

then it adds it's own DKIM + ARC(Authenticated-Results/ARC-AR)
signatures, which validate happily.

When a user hits 'reply-all' then both From + To: are considered and
goes to the right recipients.
When the user hits 'reply list' it goes correctly to the list (as that
To: address is still valid and the List-Reply header is there.
When the user hits 'reply' it goes to the From which is the @via address
at example.net, which can rewrite it back to the normal user and forward
the message along.

Greets,
 Jeroen