Hello Urs,

My take on your problem is the following:
- SPF is bad and breaks mail delivery, don't use it. But, if someone defines
SPF records, and they thus declare they
  want to shoot themselves into their feet, by all means, I encourage to block
mails failing SPF, because that's what
  domain owners who define SPF records ask for.
- everyone can setup blocking lists defining the oddest criteria for when an
entry gets added. Someone in charge of a
  mailserver can decide based on his criteria, and his alone, what mails he
wants to receive and what mail to reject.
  He can use whatever resources he wants, including bogus lists such as
uceprotect. But, it would be prudent to inform
  yourself about what exactly you enable before you do so...
- now, if someone deploys antispam gateways such as those from Sophos, and
decides to just click "enable all block
  lists" or however that menu looks like, and with this enables lists such as
uceprotect, then that person just cut
  their company off from a lot of valid mail. If he wanted to do that, it's his
decision, but usually it helps to teach
  those admins about the errors of their ways, instead of blaming the list
provider.
- I personally consider uceprotect to be a rogue list with utopian views on how
mail service works. Their unlist policy
  could be considered extortion, but the really responsible party is whoever
enables such a list on their servers.

just my personal views:)

Markus