Andre Oppermann wrote:

Fred Gargula wrote:

Hi,

I would definitively do it with a Radius server.

I know how to do it with an RADIUS server. It's just that it's somewhat
hard to sell a radius server to a client who is buying some components
for maybe CHF4k just that a couple of remote places can log in from
time to time.

I see your point.
But I see a Radius server as an infrastrucure component, used in a centralized way.
The server has a cost, but it provides you a time saving when deploying new clients (no need to make repetitive tasks like adding users on a router, or playing with static routes). Then, the cost per account goes down, and another benefit is to have a centralized user DB...

Fred

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/