Hi Martin,

On 19-Aug-2003 Martin Ebn�ther wrote:
> 
> That is exactly the case. The interface is in trunking mode.
> Alas, I'm not very experienced with the 4000. 
> Can you please tell me how to disable it?

Well, I would put the question as "Are you sure you want to disable it?"
Trunk mode means that interface participates in "all" VLANs. Probably your
main router is connected there. By removing the trunk, you will loose
connectivity to those hosts on those VLANs.
I'm just guessing but if this is somehow your configuration, think twice
before removing the trunk.

Then, if you really want to remove it just type:

(config)# int g2/1
(config)# no switchport
(config)# no switchport mode trunk

Just one of those commands should be enough. I don't know your configuration so
I'm just guessing again :)

HTH
Jorge



> 
>>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 19.08 10:35 >>>
>>Hi Martin,
> 
>>Is that interface in trunk mode? If so, it belongs to all VLANs (if
> not
>>filtered) so it's a waste of terminal space to display it in all
> VLANs.
>>Then it's not shown in any VLAN.
> 
> ----------------------------------------------
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/

-- 
Cybernet Switzerland
P.O. Box 825, Schaffhauserstr. 560, CH-8052 Zuerich
Tel +41 1 306 46 46, Fax +41 1 306 95 95
Jorge Morgado, Network Engineer, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------------------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/

Reply via email to