> > 3) acceptable if they would have told their customers in advance.
>
> In case if it is an emergency  they should inform the customer and set a
> temp rule which could be remove by ISP request.

what is an emergency? I dont have any dDoS running on my link. Additionally
they filtered all their customers, so it cant be taken as an emergency rule,
but as an administrative decision. 2nd additionally, the filtered icmp
packets ARE the ones used by tracert.exe, not that I use this
"unconfigurable" tool, but my customers do and now they can think "damn,
lan.ch fucked their routing..." :-/

Pascal

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/