On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:48, Peter Keel wrote:
> * on the Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 06:27:12PM +0100, Fermin Sanchez wrote:
> > Hm - pardon my asking, but: What (legal) reason should a dial-up
> > user have to send mail over his own mail server? I don't see the
> > problem in banning *dial-up*-ranges of providers which repeatedly
> > fail to prevent spam from sometimes repeatedly the same sources.
>
> Simple: Running an outgoing-Mailserver on its own. Why? ISPs got
> to friggin keep the logs of who sent out mail from our servers
> for _six_ month because some wannabe-gestapoheads decided so.
> That's a pretty strong incentive to run your own mailserver.
>
> Seegras

And, you don't have to look for another working SMTP server, when you're
travelling around with your notebook. Lots of SMTP servers, for example
mail.bluewin.ch, can only be accessed within their own ip ranges.

 - Dan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/