Arnold,

let us quickly forget about Work-IX, BCIX, etc., not worth
it. Would you want to give any guess about how much of *all*
German internet traffic is exchanged at the DE-CIX?

Knowing the interconnects we have right now and given the
DTAG policy I say the 80% 'myth' ;-) does not work out even
remotely, let alone FT and others not being present at any
public exchange in Germany (for a reason).

-ako,
wondering how much longer public exchanges will stay for
networks like L3, Telia, Tiscali... and becoming offtopic <g>