Hello colleagues,

At the moment we're using Cisco 12000 gear in our network and now I'd like
to buy another router in order to increase our redundancy. Another provided
pointed at his foundry bigiron 8000 and told me how well it is running.
Okay.. What he didn't know where the technical facts like pps or where the
asic is (on the line- or management card) and so on but he said that the
machine can sustain a dos attack of up to a gigabit without problems.

Anyone here who has experience with the Bigiron series and would like to
share some thoughts?

Please feel free to contact me via pm too :-))

Thanks for your help in advance,
Gunther