Here are a couple places I found reviews of several years ago, so I just
googled  to make sure they still exist. I got numerous hits that will tell you
more than you want to know about them.  The reviews I originally saw, included
below, make the places sound fascinating, but I never seem to get to either of
them, so cannot vouch for them personally.  Since they are in/near downtown
Norristown, parking might be a problem.

Cheers,

Saul Broudy(W3WHK)

Lou's Sandwich Shop
414 E Main St
Norristown, PA 19401
610) 279-5415

Hours:
Mon-Fri 5 am - 7 pm.  M-Tue til 3pm
Sat 6 am - 7 pm
Sun 7 am - 3 pm
Before embarking on your review of this review, there is one word that you need
to understand.  That word is zep.

Inquiring minds may want to know what the "zep" is, so I will expand your
horizons of culinary understanding with the following definition:

A "zep" is a cold sandwich served on a round kaisar roll (a hoagie roll is an
acceptable alternate) with provolone, cooked salami, tomato, white onion, olive
oil, and oregano.  Hot peppers can be added without violating the
"zepheitsgebot", the zep purity law first codified in Norristown in the 1940's.

Now, the zep is not an Italian hoagie.  It is not even close.  There is no
lettuce.  There is no ham.  There is no pepperoni.  There is no genoa salami.
Do not walk into Lou's and confuse the zep with the hoagie...this is a fatal
noob blunder that will immediately mark you as an infidel and you will, like
the poor lost souls of the soup nazi, be cast out into zep-less darkness where
there is wailing and gnashing of teeth and shattered dreams of zep eating bliss.

But, good reader, having been enlightened with what a zep is, you now must make
the sacred pilgrimage to Norristown and partake of this local masterpiece.

Only then, when you have supped on the Lou's zep, can you dare utter, "I have
truly lived."

Santangelo's Café,
910 East Main Street, Norristown, PA - (610) 292-9912

Every once in a while, you come upon a restaurant with food that is so good,
and is owned by people that are so nice, that you want share it with everyone.
The place I speak of is Santangelo's. I have been dining here for several years
now and have always enjoyed, or should I say raved about, the food. The best
description of their menu would have to be "Italian Inspired and Regionally
Appropriate."

Owners Mike Santangelo and his lovely wife (whose name I can't remember right
now) started the business a couple of blocks away from their current address.
The old place was small, holding maybe fifteen people, and was always packed.
Their new location is behind an office building on Main Street in Norristown.
It has a beautiful open kitchen, a second level, and alfresco dining.

The menu is unique, and the specials board is truly one of a kind. I highly
recommend the Italian omelette and the Meat Lovers breakfast zep/hoagie. And
don't forget to order roasted hot peppers. On everything!

Breakfast and lunch, seven days a week.