Hello,

I thought I would give listening to the UHF Milsat listening a shot with the R8600 and old discone. I had to turn on the preamp in the R8600, but I was able to hear the Brazilian pirates on 255.550 MHz FM. The signals are not quite full-quieting with some not that strong. The signals are barely showing up on the waterfall and a really small peak on the spectrum display. I cannot see the transponder noise floor.

I tried the SDRPlay RSP2Pro and got similar results with the LNA Gain of 0 and Gain Control of 49. I can adjust the Spectrum Controls in HDSDR to see the signal peak, but it is still a weak signal.

This is the link Matt gave at his talk. http://www.crypto.com/misc/uhf-sats/

73 Eric

---