The way the announcement was worded, in simply read "...-$6.3 million
supporting fundamental measurement dissemination, including the
shutdown of NIST radio stations in Colorado and Hawaii"

As far as I know, the only radio stations NIST has are WWV, WWVH, and
WWVB.  One would think that every "atomic watch" maker would be up in
arms in WWVB were to be shut down.

As Ed C. suggests, faxes & letters to NIST and Congress would be recommended.

Here are some contacts.

Director & Undersecretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology:
Walter Copan

E-mail walter.co...@nist.gov
Phone (301) 975-2300
Postal 100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Fax, Public Affairs Office:  (301) 926-1630

The NIST radio station master is John Lowe:
https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-and-frequency-division/time-services

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA