I get that this is legacy technology that’s been shoved mostly out if the way.
But I also think most people are packrats and buried in many basements or the
back of many more closets than we think is a radio with shortwave capability
that’s been forgotten about.  This is probably truer in Europe where the memory
of war is more visceral.

For better or worse, this legacy tech still “works” in some dire circumstances
where the newer ones don’t in much the same way that an analog signal gets
through —albeit in degraded form — when digital completely disappears.  What’s
the harm in trying then?

John Figliozzi

Sent from my iPhone