In my travels abroad I have observed that even inexpensive "boom boxes" have at
least one short-wave band. Knowing where to tune is a horse of a different
color. During WWII they dropped leaflets with such info.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Richard D angelo <rdange...@aol.com>
To: Discussion list for the Winter SWL Fest <swlfest@hard-core-dx.com>
Subject: Re: [Swlfest] [NASWA] Radio in Wartime
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 10:30:37 -0500

Interesting segment on the historic benefit of shortwave broadcasting to tyrant
ruled areas but how relevant is it today when democratic governments stopped
using shortwave as a communications device on a regular basis? Who in the
Ukrainian world or Russia knows where to tune in the shortwave spectrum for
such new broadcasting activities?
 Maybe too little too late?

Sent from my iPhone