Hi Bill,

During last summer, I also was led to believe the only significant work
done on a Sword Baggit Ingester was performed by Tim Donohue and Richard
Jones. Dryad appeared to have had plans to work on the system, but I did
not find any code produced by them.

I ended up testing the possibility of using Tim Donohue's
ReplicationTaskSuite and discovered that it was specifically designed to
restore data that had already been backed up and would not easily be
modified to accept deposits from SWORD [1].

I, however, used Tim's code as a model to build an AbstractBagitIngester.
The system allowed me to conform to SWORD v1.0 standards. I was able to
deposit items using the system modifications that I wrote. If you are
interested, see my AbstractBagitIngester for a good starting point [2].

If I remember correctly, I was asked to build an ingester that would depend
solely on file hierarchy and Baggit standards rather than a manifest file,
so I do not think I have support for OAI-ORE manifests.

Anyway, good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
Nate R.

[1]
http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/batch-import-of-Bagit-formated-collections-and-or-conversion-script-for-Bagit-to-SAF-td3697073.html#a4665944