Hi Folks,

A couple of emails about doing releases and merging pull requests have
prompted me to bring up the issue of code governance for our various sword
libraries.

Essentially, I'm concerned that I've become an unnecessary bottleneck for
these libraries, and wonder what would be the best solution to that.

My current position is that I use the sword code myself in a variety of
contexts but I have very little spare time on top of client-work to manage
the core code (accepting pull requests, responding on list, making
releases, etc).

Obviously people are free to fork and modify the code as needed, but maybe
it would be better if more of us had admin rights on the repositories?

I'm hoping, also, that there will be more funding at this end at some point
for some more "core" development, but opportunities are currently vague, so
I don't think there's any point in holding out for it.  Instead it seems
much better to try to increase community engagement with the code and try
to sustain it that way.

What do you all think?  Does anyone have a burning desire to be a sword
"committer"?

Cheers,

Richard

--