A while ago I filed this bug:

feeding an empty Atom entry file to CollectionAPI.post results in
org.apache.abdera.parser.ParseException:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException · Issue #6 ·
swordapp/JavaServer2.0 -
https://github.com/swordapp/JavaServer2.0/issues/6

I finally just got around to making a pull request:

throw SwordError for unparseable Atom entry swordapp/JavaServer2.0#6
by pdurbin · Pull Request #7 · swordapp/JavaServer2.0 -
https://github.com/swordapp/JavaServer2.0/pull/7

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Phil

p.s. On my side, this the bug I'm trying to fix:

Fix Abdera ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with non-existent
atom-entry-study.xml in SWORD jar (upstream ideally) · Issue #893 ·
IQSS/dataverse - https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/893

--
Philip Durbin
Software Developer for http://dataverse.org