From: Rahul Khanna <rahul.kha...@anu.edu.au>
Sent: 23 October 2014 03:02
To: TAYLOR Robin
Subject: Question re Sword v2 server implementation in DSpace v4.2

Hi Robin,
I'm a developer working on The Australian National University's instance of
DSpace. I'm currently working on the Sword v2 server on DSpace v4.2 running on
Windows 7 and noticed an issue that I'm not quite sure who to contact for its
resolution:

Running this CURL command results in the following exception on the server side:

curl -X POST \
-d 'test string' \
--header "packaging: http://purl.org/net/sword/package/Binary"; \
--header "user-agent: SWORD Client 2.0" \
--header "content-disposition: attachment; filename=\"Filename with
spaces.txt\"" \
--header "metadata-relevant: false" \
--user myusername:secret \
-v \
"http://localhost:8080/swordv2/edit-media/12887";

***************

org.apache.abdera.i18n.iri.IRISyntaxException:
org.apache.abdera.i18n.text.InvalidCharacterException: Invalid Character 0x20( )
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.iri.IRI.parse(IRI.java:572)
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.iri.IRI.&lt;init&gt;(IRI.java:64)

org.dspace.sword2.ReceiptGenerator.createFileReceipt(ReceiptGenerator.java:47)

org.dspace.sword2.MediaResourceManagerDSpace.addResource(MediaResourceManagerDSpace.java:742)
        org.swordapp.server.MediaResourceAPI.post(MediaResourceAPI.java:272)

org.swordapp.server.servlets.MediaResourceServletDefault.doPost(MediaResourceServletDefault.java:49)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
        org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
<pre>org.apache.abdera.i18n.text.InvalidCharacterException: Invalid Character
0x20( )

org.apache.abdera.i18n.text.CodepointIterator$RestrictedCodepointIterator.next(CodepointIterator.java:476)
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.text.CharUtils.verify(CharUtils.java:820)
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.text.CharUtils.verify(CharUtils.java:838)
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.iri.IRI.parse(IRI.java:568)
        org.apache.abdera.i18n.iri.IRI.&lt;init&gt;(IRI.java:64)

org.dspace.sword2.ReceiptGenerator.createFileReceipt(ReceiptGenerator.java:47)

org.dspace.sword2.MediaResourceManagerDSpace.addResource(MediaResourceManagerDSpace.java:742)
        org.swordapp.server.MediaResourceAPI.post(MediaResourceAPI.java:272)

org.swordapp.server.servlets.MediaResourceServletDefault.doPost(MediaResourceServletDefault.java:49)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
        org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

*******************

In the curl command if I remove all the spaces from the filename and change it
to the server performs the action as expected:

--header "content-disposition: attachment; filename=Filenamewithspaces.txt"

Would you be able to confirm if DSpace v4.2 isn't expected to accept deposits
with filenames with spaces through Sword? There's nothing about filenames with
spaces in the Sword v2 specification at
http://swordapp.github.io/SWORDv2-Profile/SWORDProfile.html . Is this by any
chance a known issue? I've already searched through the DSpace-Tech mailing
list and didn't find anything relevant. Should I go ahead and file a bug with
the Apache Abdera developers? Or should I file a bug for DSpace?

Thank you,
Rahul.

Rahul Khanna
Systems Developer
IT Services |Menzies Building, Level 4 |The Australian National University |
ACTON ACT 2601
T: +61 2 6125 9010 | E: rahul.kha...@anu.edu.au<mailto:rahul.kha...@anu.edu.au>

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.