I took a look at the GBF Plain filter. It does recognize these and is
specifically handling them.

Basically the plain filter has a little bit of markup:
New lines for <CL> (this is a hack), <CN>, <CM>.
It will put notes stuff between <F>this is a note<f], in [this is a note].
Greek Strongs Numbers <WGnnn>, Hebrew Strongs Numbers <WHnnn> and Tense <WTnnn>
become <nnn>.

Everything else is passed as text.

In Him,
        DM