You seem to have totally ignored the advice you were given. You really should
spend more time learning how permissions work on a *nix machine before you
make applications publicly available. Its not hard but its not the same as
Windows (if thats what you are used to) because *nix machines have distinct
permissions based on users back when they were first implemented (for security
reasons) while Windows has only added basic support for this functionality
very recently.

I didn't start implementing applications onto a web server until I was sure I
understood the implications of changing file permissions etc and until I was
confident the sys admin here did that work cos he knew what he was doing. Be
VERY careful with this kind of setup because you could possibly make your
entire server totally vulnerable, such as Eno said by sending clear text
passwords over FTP.

security at symfony-project.com