Yes, maybe you could look at cythonizing the logic code (ilke the SAT solver).
Another idea that comes to mind is the matrices.  The other really big main
part aside from the core is the polys, but Mateusz has already been working on
cythonizing the core of that.  Maybe you could see what he has done and if more
could be done (see the @cythonized decorators in some of the files in
sympy/polys/).

Aaron Meurer