On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Akshay <akshaynukal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I actually expected this question :).Anyway that was the formula for the
>> intersection of 2 lines in 2-d but now we have both 2-d and 3-d and also
>> apart from that there are segments and rays so we have to consider the
>> intersection of line and line in 2-d and 3-d and line and ray in 2-d 3-d and
>> so
>> on(http://docs.sympy.org/latest/_modules/sympy/geometry/line.html#LinearEntity.intersection
>> Current code in 2-d).There are some additional 15-20 methods which have to
>> implemented from scratch in the line module in both 2-d and 3-d.

I know it can get tricky to do intersection in 3D, but on the link I
sent, it is described
under "In three dimensions,...".

See also this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10551555/need-an-algorithm-for-3d-vectors-intersection/10554546#10554546

One has to code this, using symbolic algebra, but once you have it,
the rest seems straightforward. I would think
it would take a few days to get it right.

Ondrej

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVAQZe6%3D3fD-b2dfQxgBxNkeQY4BnV5NAG_qX0tNKDi4Pg%40mail.gmail.com.