On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Jason Moore <moorepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, this database is building up:
> http://www.moorepants.info/misc/sympy-asv/ (I'm running this with the sympy
> cache set to 10000).
>
> For the integration benchmarks it has every single functioning commit and
> maybe half the commits for the other benchmarks.
>
> The repository to submit benchmarks to is now at:
>
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy_benchmarks
>
> Please submit benchmarks for core parts of SymPy that you work on.

That is awesome. Essentially we can rerun it any time in the future as
well if we want to figure out why is some code slow and if it was
always that slow.

Can you post instructions how to run it on my own machine? (I'll be
happy to write it up into the README.)

What is the ideal time for a benchmark? Can in benchmark a quick
running code by running it several times? Does it work well if the
benchmark takes 10s? Or is that too long.

Ondrej

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVCv6zYH5crbtEG76O_D27e-e7uvOj-FQv%2BYF8z8xtbx1A%40mail.gmail.com.