On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Jason Moore <moorepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will work on the documentation. But essentially I'm a running:
>
> SYMPY_CACHE_SIZE=10000 asv run ALL --parallel -k -e
>
> You can use -s <num> to do a sparser mesh and then replace ALL with a git
> commit range to narrow down to commits in specific areas. Note that `asv
> find` is useful for bisecting to an offending commit.
>
> To view the results do:
>
> asv publish
> asv preview
>
> Bjorn and I discussed the ideal time. I'd say keep them under a second or
> two in general. There may be cases that you need to use longer benchmarks
> but I think you should profile the code and then write a benchmark that
> tests the slow portions (which will likely be short benchmarks). But it can
> run any length benchmark, but remember that they will ultimately be run on
> every single commit (~25000) so it can take a really long time.

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, if I run 1 benchmark that takes
1s for the whole history, it would take less than 7 hours to finish:

In [2]: 25000 * 1. / 3600
Out[2]: 6.944444444444445

Is that right?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVDjgpvUJAREPZVWw1BTgPxhe9sYrfSt0zVsew%3DrhSJr1A%40mail.gmail.com.