Hi everyone!

My name is Chuan Lu, I am pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Applied Math at the
University of Iowa. My concentration is in Computational Statistics,
Machine Learning, and Numerical Analysis. I have been using Python for
three years, and I used SymPy quite often when I was an undergraduate
student, so it's really exciting to make contributions to the open source
community.

I want to contribute to the module of probability and statistics, including
adding Markov Chains, HMM, other random processes and some other
distributions. I checked some source code of the `sympy.stats` module and I
found they have not been implemented yet.

Please let me know if they have been implemented in some latest versions (I
checked the SymPy 1.1.2.dev). If not, I wonder if I can use it as my topic
for GSoC 2018.

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/a11e5116-54b0-4ea9-b781-91b81f283148%40googlegroups.com.