Great.

The separation ansatz and the Bessel function idea are both good. I
believe someone started a PR at some point for Bessel/Airy functions
so probably good to look at that as well.

For Lie groups the existing code needs substantial improvement. It is
largely untested and has many bugs. If that code was in an open PR now
then I would object to merging it. I think the priority there is not
so much extending the Lie group solvers but fixing what is already
there and coming up with good examples for tests that actually cover
the different branches of the code.

--
Oscar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxQ-7AYFYdix38CtCxORRR8vz5hh1hQ-82ZL_6u9446CTQ%40mail.gmail.com.